Most efficient ways to save money for travel!

save money for travel

SAVING MONEY FOR THE BIG TRIP CAN BE A CHALLENGE, BUT IF YOU COMMIT TO IT 100% AND ARE SERIOUS IT WILL BE A WALK IN THE PARK!

It will be fun too – everyone likes a challenge so create goals for yourself…

For example: each week have a specific amount of money you want to put away and when you reach it reward yourself!   Then, when the money really starts to add up I bet your motivation will to!  You will start to imagine what you can do with the money and then figure out how much more you need to have the most rockin’ vacation ever!

 For the most efficient ways to save money for travel keep reading!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

FUN FACT: 

STATISTICALLY, ONLY ABOUT 36% OF AMERICANS OWN A PASSPORT WHICH MEANS THE OTHER 64% PROBABLY DO NOT TRAVEL MUCH AT ALL.  BECAUSE GENERALLY SPEAKING, IF YOU ARE A REGULAR TRAVELER THEN YOU WILL OWN A PASSPORT. 

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

The biggest piece of advice I can give you to save money for travel is figure out what you spend each month to live, then categorize your spendings with totals.  Start marking off the categories that you can cut out but remember the totals of each because you will then start putting that amount into a savings account.  In a nutshell, you will be using the same amount of money each month but instead of using it for purchases you will putting it away.  Since you are already used to not having the extra cash, you won’t even miss it!

MOST EFFICIENT WAYS TO SAVE MONEY FOR TRAVEL!

1.  OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT THAT YOU CAN TRANSFER $$ INTO BUT NOT TAKE OUT.

2. EACH TIME YOU ARE ASKED IF YOU WANT CASH BACK – SAY YES!  TAKE OUT $5 TO $10 EACH TIME AND IMMEDIATELY TAKE IT TO THE BANK.

3. CREATE AN AUTOMATIC WITHDRAW, SCHEDULED FOR RIGHT AFTER YOU GET PAID, IN A FAIRLY LARGE AMOUNT.  WHATEVER THE HIGHEST AMOUNT IS YOU CAN AFFORD…DO IT!

4. CUT BACK ON DRINKING, GOING OUT, EATING OUT!  BASICALLY, CUT ANY EXTRA COSTS THAT ARE NOT NECESSARY – IF THIS PART KILLS YOU JUST REMEMBER IT IS JUST TEMPORARILY.

5. ASK YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY IF THEY NEED HELP WITH YARD WORK, CLEANING THEIR HOUSE, BABYSITTING, ETC.  START MAKING CASH IN YOUR SPARE TIME.

6.  START USING ONLY CASH WHEN MAKING PURCHASES, THAT WAY YOU CAN SAVE ALL THE $1’S, 5’S, AND CHANGE.  USE THIS MONEY AS CAB FARE, LUGGAGE FEES, TRAIN TICKETS, ETC.

7. PURGE YOUR JUNK – WHAT IS JUNK TO YOU MAY BE GOLD TO OTHERS.  SO POST TO CRAIGSLIST, EBAY, IN YOU LOCAL COMMUNITY, AND START SELLING!

8. MAKE YOUR OWN LUNCHS AND COFFEE.  NO MORE RUNNING OUT FOR A QUICK BITE TO EAT OR A MID AFTERNOON PICK ME UP!  INSTEAD TOTAL UP YOUR WEEKLY $$ AMOUNT FOR WHAT YOU USUALLY SPEND ON FOOD/COFFEE AND PUT IT IN THE BANK.  YOU ARE ALREADY USED TO SPENDING IT SO YOU WON’T EVEN MISS IT!

9. IF YOU ARE SUPER SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING TO TRAVEL CUT YOUR CABLE BILL.  I WAS PAYING $120/MONTH FOR DIRECT TV BASICALLY FOR CRAP TV SO I GOT RID OF IT AND SWITCHED TO NETFLIX.  HANDS DOWN THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!  I NOW PAY $8/MONTH FOR MORE OPTIONS THAN DIRECT TV EVER GAVE ME PLUS IT LETS ME PUT $100 AWAY EACH MONTH.

10. CUT YOUR UTILITIES IN 1/2 OR AS LOW AS YOU CAN GET THEM.  TAKE SHORTER SHOWERS, BUNDLE UP IN THE WINTER, AND OPEN THE WINDOWS WHEN YOU CAN.  YOU WILL BE SURPRISED YOUR SAVINGS IN A YEARS TIME WHEN YOU CUT YOUR ENERGY COSTS!


united military travel

APPLY FOR TRAVEL CREDIT HERE

#TRAVELTIPS #MILITARYTRAVELLOANS

866-582-9579

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s