* wondering Diagon Alley
* drinking Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice
* ride the thrilling, high speed roller coaster called Dragon Challenge
My questions for you are:
“Do going to parks like this create a bit of anxiety for you? Do you know how to make the most of your time there?”
…Attention Parents – A word to the wise…
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley – is located in Universal Studios
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade – is located next door at Universal Islands of Adventure
This means you will have to buy admission tickets to both theme parks to experience ALL of the excitement.
You can purchase a park-to-park admission ticket or annual pass and that will allow you to access both parks AND Hogwarts Express.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Now, take note of these tips on how to survive the lines, crowds and navigation issues of theme parks to make your experience as magical as ever!
1. If you stay at a hotel that is one-site then you will have access to the theme park one hour before they open! Or you can book a vacation rental from United Military Travel and stay in a luxury home where you have access to your own pool, kitchen etc.
2. Download the Universal Orlando Wait Time app so you can pick and choose what rides to ride and when.
3. The parks offers a room called “baby swap” where the parents can take turns watching small children but still getting to enjoy the attraction. One parent rides then the next – without having to get separated.
4. To avoid the scalding heat of the day, Diagon Alley was designed to have cooler areas so hit this park later in the day and do Hogsmeade first.
5. When you decide to go over to Hogsmeade, enter Islands of Adventure and walk right to Seuss Landing. It is a shorter distance to Harry Potter than going left.
6. To really take note of all the magic happening around you, make sure you are looking in the store windows and just being aware of your surroundings. The park has put a lot of thought into the detail, you just have to be aware to look for it.
7. All around the park are actual pieces from the movies like the Sword of Gryffindor in Filch’s Emporium and the talking heads inside Hog’s Head Pub.
8. In the bathroom at Hogsmeade, you can hear the cries and complaints of Moaning Mrytle.
9. If the entrance to Universal Studios is to long you can try the entrance by Blue Man Group.
10. If you dial 62442 (magic) from the telephone booth outside of King’s Cross, it will connect you to the ministry of magic.
11. If you purchase a wand at Ollivanders they will give you a map that if you put it under a black light it will lead you to places where you can cast spells.
12. In both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade they are special performance all over to look out for.
Call UMT today and book your Universal Studios trip today to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!