Does buying airline tickets stress you out????
Follow these rules to be a “happy” traveler!
It does me and that is 90% of the reason we fly through United Military Travel (UMT) – it is
soooooo nice to have someone else search all the websites for the best deal. It is time consuming, stressful AND sometimes a deal breaker on whether people actually take a vacation or not. The travel consultants at UMT always take into consideration the cheapest possible itinerary for you all while not sticking you with long lay overs and cheap airlines. I wanted to share with you some of my little tricks when booking airline tickets with our travel consultant ; tricks that help me save money and give them the best information to work with. Here is my family’s full proof method of traveling through United Military Travel:
- Shop earlier but don’t always buy early. Airlines start offering cheaper airfare about 4 months out, 5 months for international.
- Holiday travel is an exception to the first rule – book early!
- Airline prices change up to 3 times a day! So trust me when I say that booking when you travel consultant says book – you should. Typically that means all in one phone call – not multiple ones because that is when prices jump. They want to save you money too 🙂
- Sunday, hands down, is the MOST expensive day to travel.
- Prices rise about 40% the week you want to travel – so again book early.
- Most discounts and sales are offered at the beginning of the week so call UMT then.
- Buy Tuesday and Wednesday – Fly Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
- Be flexible on the airports you fly in and out of – that can save a ton of money! Flexibility is the main key to scoring cheap tickets!
|My families motto….|
So be a happy traveler not a stressed out one – enjoy the entire process, be excited 100% of the way. Always smile because life is to short to frown 🙂